I wanted to let everyone know the bad side of charity telemarking. I Use to work for a company several years ago where we called people to ask them for a donation for charity for example breast cancer, children cancer and for MD. Well we had several more charities that we called for to. At the time I took the job knowing nothing about telemarking charities or even the charity that I would be calling for. I thought I was doing a good thing collecting money for charities and getting paid for it I thought wow that’s cool. But want I did not know and found out later that most of the money or donations. Only 10% was going to that charity I think there was one Charity that 20% went to them but you think about it you give $50.00 and only 10% going to that charity
That is so sad. Knowing people is making money off someone illness and its even sadderWhen they are doing it to a child. They all should be a shamed of themselves I know I am and the point of me writing this is to tell everyone that I’m sorry. I took advantage of people and made money dishonestly. Please if anyone calls you and ask you to give money over the phone for a charity ask them how much percentage goes to the charity itself. Also you have the right to tell them to take you off the calling list. I’m not saying that all phone charities are bad but I just want people to be aware of what’s out there. And give you a little insight on what happens behind the calls.
Monday, October 29, 2007
Telemarking
Posted by
stacys1175
at
12:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Thanks for this information. Since having caller I.D. I've gotten where I don't even answer the phone for telemarketers.
Thank you so much for this info. I usually hang up on telemarketers anyway but its good to have the info.
I've tagged you for asome things about me meme. Go to my page to see.
Thanks Stacy,
This helps.Dont feel bad about working for them as you did not know what was happening
Hey, I didn't know that...thanks for the warning! Sometimes I think it's better to just give the poor what they need without using the help of any organization.
Sweet,
Your post turned good and no it does not sound stupid. You spoke with your heart to let people know what really goes on. Great Job:)
Post a Comment